Saturday, January 19, 2013

Office wear

I would like to know who my readers are - if there are any?

I would like to know what you would like to read in a blog - is it pictures? Solid advice? Personal reflections? Display of warderobe?

I will try very hard to figure out what works.

In the mean time, I have lately been very occupied at the office.

I have a desk job. Sometimes, at work, I get to meet clients. Other times, I just sit in my room and think. On occasions, I sit on my room and type.

I dress very differently at the office given the two occasion. When I meet with clients, I would normally wear a full suit or a skirt and blouse, sometimes with a matching blazer. I try to keep the cuts up to date and flattering to my body shape in order to avoid the "more coffee? more tea?"- airhostess approach. I try to keep my accessories clean and sometimes I avoid all together the obvious branded ones, like the Chanel earrings or Hermès bracelet.

On occasions when I am counting on desk job only, I don't take it as seriously. I don't know if that is a good thing, but sometimes I just can't be bothered to hop into that uniform.

Of course, jeans are a no-no. But I tend to lean towards as comfortable as possible, and the next thing replacing jeans. Like thicker leggings from Massimodutti. And a knittet sweater in cream colour from Cos. And indoors, I keep my Louis Vuitton boots on and don't change into heels.

I wish I had the energy to always dress according to dress code, but lacking that energy, at least I get to be creative and wear what I have in my closet. I might post some evidence pictures if that's wanted.


No comments:

Post a Comment